SPACE IS LIMITED!
Toronto brace yourselves as we welcome one of the industry’s best, Jasmine of Jasmine Rae Cakes. Internationally renowned as the queen of textures with her signature style. She turns any cake into a beauty of aging elements. Inspired by textures occurring both naturally and handmade, she believes an artist’s hands portray the art they create!! Elevate your senses and feel the magic. Join now to indulge in this joyful learning experience! You’ll love her two-day workshop from June 24-26.
WORKSHOP 1: TEXTURE PLAY on June 24-25, 2019
By learning some of Jasmine Rae’s signature techniques (such as manipulating fondant to look like unpolished granite, crackling, course stone, aged stone, bas relief, tarnished metal, patina, etc.), you will play with ways to achieve different effects, then compose the samples into a final piece.
You’ll identify what interests you in different parts of the samples you created, which is insight into your unique artistry. You’ll make many nuanced design decisions in the process of composing a complete piece, while she will discuss this in a group setting. You’ll create a small 3-tier cake that demonstrates your unique design choices and the style of your hand.
And, because she is motivated to help make this industry sustainable for cake makers, all workshops always include a little bit of business content to help along with pricing your work.
WHAT TO BRING:
All tools and materials will be provided for use in the class. However, a few items need to be brought along such as large and small rolling pin, silicone mat, pizza cutter, dresdan tool, and needle nose pliers. If you are travelling on a flight, do let us know. We can arrange that for you to avoid extra weight during your travel.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By making a payment on this workshop you agree to accept all the terms and conditions applied below:
- Your spot is reserved and you are responsible to make the full payment.
- All deposits are non-refundable.
- The balance of the deposit is due 15 days prior the Workshop date, otherwise you will forfeit your attendance.
- Every purchase has 13% Ontario Sales Tax.
- If you have paid the workshop fee, and cannot attend, the fee is non refundable however. If you cannot make it and would like to change/swap your place, do let us know 15 days prior to the workshop start date. If you have paid for a one, two or three day workshop, they have to be transferred as ordered and must be paid in full prior to the transfer, for the same workshop only. If you enroll in more than one workshop then all workshops have to be transferred together, otherwise it is non transferable for just one workshop or non refundable.
- If the workshop is cancelled due to any unavoidable circumstance by the guest instructor, an effort to reschedule will be made. If for some reason that is not possible or the reschedule dates do not work with your schedule than a full refund will be reimbursed.
- Cakery Decor is not responsible for the cost of any travel arrangements due to class cancellation, rescheduling or any other circumstance.
- Cakery Decor is not responsible for classes missed due to weather or political conditions unless the class has been cancelled by us.
- Please arrive on time as the class will start promptly.
- Please note that no-shows are not accepted and a make up class would not be offered.
- All electronic devices have to be turned to silent mode throughout the workshop so no one is disturbed.
- In order to honor and protect the techniques of the guest instructor offered by Cakery Decor, you are allowed to take pictures but are not allowed to make videos nor allowed to post step by step photos anywhere online.
- Cakery Decor will be taking a number of pictures and we reserve the right to use these pictures in promotions or on social media platforms. If you do not wish to be photographed, please let us know before the start of the workshop.
- Please do not bring along extra unnecessary baggage as we would like to keep the room as tidy as possible throughout the day.
- You will receive a certificate from the guest instructor for attending and completing their workshop(s) respectively. Therefore at the time of registration please make sure your name is spelled properly.